Naturopath & Respiratory Therapist - Torquay, South Yarra, South Melbourne
Tim Altman is a qualified naturopath and respiratory therapist who has been practicing naturopathic services and wellness in Melbourne from clinics in South Yarra, Port Melbourne and South Melbourne as well as Torquay, Victoria for many years. Naturopathic and respiratory therpay consultations take a holistic approach to the overall health and wellness of the client rather than simply focusing on symptoms. There are several modalities used in an initial naturopathic consultation so that Tim can gain insight into the internal make up and functioning of the client. He then designs specific programs based around nutrition, respiratory therapy, exercise and herbal medicines to help improve the clients' overall health.
Naturopathy tends to focus on prevention rather than cure, with an aim to maintaining optimal wellness within the client. With naturopathics, Tim can deliver health care to treat a range of conditions.
Tim particularly specialises in a few areas of health. These include:
- Respiratory Therapy via Breathing Dynamics - an exciting and little understood espect of functioning and health that addresses imbalance in health that occurs in virtually all of us. Whilst it is not always obvious to our immediate health, our breathing dynamics and mechanics are very often out of balance. This can lead to reduced efficiency in energy production (due to poor oxygen supply to cells) and a range of symptoms and potential health issues. On the other end of the spectrum, improving breathing dynamics can dramatically improve performance, relaxation, reduction and mental/emotional skills. We assess and coach your breathing using live biofeedback technology. Tim is currently the only Victorian practitioner who uses this outstanding technology.
- General Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Fibromyalgia - Tim's passion and expertise in this area follows from his own journey to health following several years of suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). After a full and complete recovery, Tim turned his attention to gaining further expertise and understanding to help others who suffer from these increasingly common ailments.
- Optimal Performance Nutrition - aimed at regulating blood sugar levels to otimise energy production (and remove slumps in energy levels - such as mid-late afternoon). Tim assess your current daily eating plan and offers solutions to optimise your health and energy production.
- Sports Nutrition - as an extention to the above, Tim focusses on optimising energy levels and performance in training and competition. Including building stamina and endurance, maintaining a healthy immune system, increasing muscle mass or reducing fact mass (if necessary). Tim has competed and coached both nationally and internationally in paddle sports for over 30 years, so his experience in elite sports and nutrition offer an ideal combination in this area. See www.wepaddle.com.au
- Optimal Living - using all of the above expertise, and inspired by his own journey to the upper levels of the health spectrum, Tim focusses on aspects of your living (including nutrition, breathing dynamics, rest and rejevnation) and health to deliver you to superior levels of living that few ever get to experience. In fact, in creating such a program, Tim and a few outstanding health practitioners in other modalities have created a retreat space aimed at optimal living that is targetted at groups, organisations and companies. See www.naturalflowretreats,com.au
- Fat Loss
Naturopathics Online Shop
To help those of you who don't live in Melbourne or Torquay or are too busy to get to naturopathics appointments there is now a range of naturopathics products and services available to buy online. Take a look at our online shop and phone Tim Altman if you have any questions.
Respiratory Therapy via Breathing Dynamics
Talk to Tim Altman about his Respiratory Therapy, a great treatment (or addition to treatment) for illnesses and diseases including:
- Asthma and breathing difficulties
- Snoring and apnoea
- Fatigue, poor concentration and memory
- Anxiety, panic attacks and depression
- Eczema and other allergies (hay fever etc.)
- Headaches and migraines
- Hypertension and high blood pressure
- Digestive complaints (IBS, diarrhoea, constipation, ulcerative colitis etc.)
- Bed wetting
- Poor peripheral circulation
- Dental and orthodontic issues
- Breathing therapy is also fantastic for creating improvement at the other end of the health spectrum achieving optimal wellness and increased relaxation and stress reduction
- It is also fantastic for enhancing athletic, business, scholastic or artistic performance.
- Ask Tim about his Breathing Dynamics modality.
Tim also offers a range natuopathy program packages, a great way to save money on a detox of fat loss program.
Naturopathics and Athletics
Many of Tim's clients are looking to naturopathic services to improve their athletic performance and fitness as well as optimal health and wellness. As Tim was once a professional athlete, he specialises in designing programs for athletes such as injury recovery and improving athletic performance.
Tim Altman also runs a business called We Paddle where he teaches and trains clients in kayak, surf ski and ocean ski paddling. He has been coaching paddling for 10 years from beginners to international athletes training for Australian Olympic selection.
Just Because You're Not Sick Doesn't Mean You're Healthy
The leading causes of death in developed countries are chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke, cancer and diseases related to obesity such as diabetes. These all have in common:
- An insidious onset - they develop slowly without us being aware of it.
- By the time symptoms are present the disease is generally advanced.
- All are largely preventable via lifestyle - nutrition, exercise, relaxation etc.
Conventional medicine deals with health from the lower to middle end of a spectrum that ranges from extreme pathology, bordering on death, to the ultimate human potential of health and vitality.
Most of us exist somewhere in this middle section of the spectrum where no apparent pathology is displayed, yet we all experience occasional colds and flu's, fatigue and lethargy, headaches, depression, aches and pains, gastrointestinal upsets etc.
This is hardly functioning at our optimum and statistics suggest conventional medicine failing to prevent the chronic diseases many eventually develop.
Don't wait until you're sick before you make a commitment to your health. Just as you regularly see a trainer, clean your house or have your car serviced, make a commitment to checking up on your own health once every month.
This can be done by:
What you do now will enhance the quality of your life and make a huge difference to what you may or may not suffer from later.
For further enquiries or to make an appointment for a naturopathic consultation, contact Tim via email or phone him on 0425 739 918.